November 09, 2011

Taco shells

I don't know where this recipe came from (besides my mom) or if many people know how easy it is to make your own taco shells that taste a million times better than store bought ones so I thought i would post it.

This is the recipe I grew up with, my husband grew up with a different recipe, I think his mom makes them with just flour, water and salt and they are delicious as well. 
 Here is the recipe. Knead, divide into 8 balls then roll each out thin and fry on a hot dry skillet. My mother-in-law makes each one perfectly round with a large tupperware bowl (used like a cookie cutter) but my mom never did that and i usually can't be bothered so mine are kind of crazy shaped.


super easy, super yummy (even by themselves without the fillings)

Oh, and toddlers LOVE helping roll them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me smile! :)