November 28, 2011

Public school at age 2? Really?!

Is it just me or is this a little disturbing? Ok, more than a little disturbing. Here in Ontario, the Liberals are talking about starting school at age 2!

Their reasoning, more tax money because moms will go back to work.


The Early Years Study 3 was obtained by the Star in advance of its Tuesday release. In an exclusive interview in October, Mustard, who died last week, said the recommendations should be easy for Ontario, which is already implementing full-day kindergarten for 4- and 5-year-olds.
“I would come down to 3-year-olds, then 2-year-olds and 1-year-olds,” he said.
“I'd move right down, and I'd pay (early childhood educators) well, and if you are telling me we don't have the money, I'd make the point that the risk for physical and mental health problems is actually set in early development.”
I don't know about you, but I am a bit upset about that last sentence. He is suggesting that public schools do a better job preventing mental health problems than parents could! That supposedly children will be better off if they are put in public school while they are still in diapers?! That is unbelievable!

What is this push in our society to not parent our children? I am sorry, but I did not have children so that the government could raise them for me. No way!

There is no way that a public system could teach children more than they can learn at home. (as long as parents aren't just parking their children in front of the tv all day)

Besides the tax thing this seems to me like a desperate attempt to indoctrinate or children at an even earlier age the way the Liberal government wants them. They want graphic sex ed classes in grade 3 getting significantly more graphic by grade 6 and 7. ( Source: http://www.canadianvalues.ca/SCC/index.html) They want Christianity out of schools, the list goes on and on and it's getting more and more scary by the day!

Now I will admit, I am sometimes one who gets annoyed about stuff but doesn't do anything about it, but this is getting ridiculous. Parents need to take a stand and stop this insanity!!  Aside from all the dangers of putting toddler who are often not even potty trained into publicly funded schools. (That is really something teachers should really be standing up against too, because it is the teachers who will have to worry about even more chance of being blamed for abuse) If we don't what will the repercussions be in a few years?


1 comment:

  1. NO stinkin way! That IS more than ridiculous! Makes me mad. I'm moving to the rainforest! ;)

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile! :)