January 07, 2012

Blessings

I've been reflecting a lot the last couple months on the past year and the different things God has done. About a year ago a friend of mine and I mostly lost contact. Some things had happened which, although they weren't between the two of us really, greatly affected each of us (and many of our friends) and even though we didn't really mean to lose touch we did.

My friend has gone through some huge struggles this year and one of them was waiting to move (her husband has been doing a 1.5 hour commute to work for 2 years now so they wanted a fresh start closer to where he works. Their house has been on the market for a long time but wouldn't sell.

It was pretty random how we regained contact. A mutual friend (Sherry) came for a surprise visit and wanted to get some of our old group together, we had a great night and since then our friendship has been rekindled. Actually I don't even know if that is the right way to describe it. We were friends before but not like we are now. She is a very dear friend now, one who encourages me every time I see her or talk to her. She points me to Christ even when she doesn't feel like she does.

I've thought a lot about how if her house had sold and they had moved back when they first wanted to, If  Sherry hadn't decided to drive up on a whim (she lives about 10 hours from us) and suggest they call me of all people. If Aurora hadn't heard my phone ring (I would probably not have checked my messages until too late) All of these things are pretty small thing but each one was such a "God thing". I am so thankful for each of these things.

She is moving in a month now and although I am so happy for her I am also a bit sad. She'll be a little over an hour away instead of 15 minutes away, but I am confident that our friendship will not change. Thanks to text messaging and facebook distances aren't so bad anymore. :)

That is just something I wanted to share. Sometimes when it feels like God is ignoring us now or taking way too long to do something, it's for a wonderful reason like this. He has showed me this over and over in the last decade but this was such a wonderful way he's showed me his love these past months. Two very dear friends who mean the world to me and have been such an encouragement to me already. I look forward to deepening our friendships this year, encouraging each other in the Lord and ditches out insecurities (LOL, we have been going through Beth Moore's book So Long Insecurities together)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me smile! :)